July 15, 2021
ALLMEP Seeks Development Director
ALLMEP is seeking a Director of Development (DoD) to drive its international fundraising strategy and activities in its next phase of growth. Reporting to the U.S. Director, and collaborating closely with the Executive Director, Regional Director, and colleagues in the United States and the Middle East, the DoD will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic development plan in alignment with ALLMEP’s organizational priorities and plans for growth. The DoD’s focus will be on building a diverse and expanding base of funding from foundations, corporations, and partner organizations, while also growing independent revenue from individual major, mid-level, and small donors.
The DoD will also be a member of the board of directors development sub-committee, and will drive the sub-committee’s agenda and activities alongside the subcommittee chair. They will actively engage board members in fundraising, donor cultivation, and other activities on behalf of the organization.
The ideal candidate will be an expert communicator and team leader with experience in consensus-gathering, and be comfortable managing up, across, and down in multi-cultural environments.
- Working closely with the Executive Director and U.S. Director, develop, implement, and manage a proactive and effective strategic development plan, including all activities relating to the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual, foundation, government, and corporate donors;
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 80-100 major and mid-level donors and prospects, in partnership with the executive team;
- Develop a strategy and implementation plan to expand the pool of prospects utilizing effective donor identification and cultivation techniques;
- Manage the solicitation, grant writing, and stewardship process for approximately 20-30 foundations and corporations;
- Work cooperatively with ALLMEP staff to develop a compelling and consistent case for support to both government and private funders;
- Working closely with the Digital Communications Manager and regional team, drive the creation and maintenance of robust fundraising materials and reports about ALLMEP programs and activities, and other materials necessary to publicize ALLMEP’s work or solicit funding (e.g., high-quality overview text, concept notes, one-pagers, two-pagers);
- Represent ALLMEP virtually and in person to donors, prospective donors, and corporate, government and foundation representatives;
- Assist ALLMEP members in development queries and with advice and guidance as part of ALLMEP’s suite of member services;
- Maintain donor records in EveryAction including accurate account and gift information, capacity ratings, and scheduled next steps;
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture of fundraising across the organization; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years of demonstrated success in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major individual, foundation, and corporate gifts in the non-profit sector;
- Demonstrated ability to forge and nurture long-term relationships with donors and prospects, and to develop appropriate cultivation and solicitation strategies for each donor and corporate/foundation/government representative;
- Ability to articulate the case for support to funders, and interact with donors and prospects at the highest level
- Demonstrated financial management knowledge, including familiarity with nonprofit financial management and reporting practices, and comfort with developing and navigating budgets;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel 5-10% percent of the time; and
- Bachelor’s degree required.
HIGHLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of Israeli/Palestinian history, politics, and society, or experience working in the region;
- Knowledge of Palestinian and Israeli philanthropic communities both in the region and internationally; and/or
- Arabic and/or Hebrew language skills.
There are no extraordinary physical requirements for the performance of the essential functions of this position. ALLMEP will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Washington, DC or Remote
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $65,000- $85,000 commensurate with experience. ALLMEP’s benefits package includes 100% employer-paid health insurance, dental insrance, and vision insurance for its employees and dependents, as well as generous vacation and a 403(b) plan retirement account.
Please email your resume, cover letter, 1-2 writing samples, and the names of at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Director of Development. Materials must address the requirements listed. The position will remain open until filled, but applications will be reviewed as received.
All applicants must be able to provide documentation that they are legally eligible to work in the United States on a full time basis. No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.