–> We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
POSITION DESCRIPTION – European Advocacy and Communications Intern (m/f/d)
ALLMEP is seeking a European Advocacy & Communications Intern who is interested in political advocacy, digital communications, and Israeli/Palestinian peacebuilding. The position will begin February 5th, 2024. This position will be a key member of the European team and will be responsible for helping support the Advocacy and Digital Communications staff meet ALLMEP’s goals. This will be a remote, part-time (15-20 hours/week) position that can be done from anywhere in Europe.
- Work closely with the European Policy Coordinators to implement ALLMEP’s strategic plan, encompassing research, mapping European stakeholders and governments, event coordination, and assisting in outreach with government representatives;
- Work closely with the US-based Director of Communications on creating materials and reports about ALLMEP Europe’s activities, including drafting blogs, assisting with graphic design, website maintenance, and social media messaging;
- Attending and taking notes for relevant briefing and meetings related to ALLMEP’s work; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student based in Europe
- Ability to commit between 15-20 hours per week
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and cooperatively with team members, with thoroughness and attention to detail in task execution
- Interest in the non-profit sector and Israeli/Palestinian peacebuilding
- Willingness to work in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency with Canva or other graphic design software
- Experience with digital communications work is a plus
OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of Israeli/Palestinian history, politics, and society, or experience working in the region; and/or
- Knowledge of Palestinian and Israeli philanthropic communities both in the region and internationally; and/or
- Proficiency in another European language, with a preference for French, German, or Spanish; and/or Arabic & Hebrew.
There are no extraordinary physical requirements for the performance of the essential functions of this position. ALLMEP will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Anywhere in Europe, remote.
SALARY & HOURS
The Spring intern will be expected to work between 15-20 hours per week from February 2023-June 2023. Selected candidates will be eligible for a small stipend during their internship.
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Spring Internship. The position will remain open until filled, but applications will be reviewed as received.
All applicants must be able to provide documentation that they are legally eligible to work in Europe on a full time basis. No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.