September 15, 2021
ALLMEP seeks Development & Communications Intern, learn more here!
POSITION DESCRIPTION – Development and Communications Intern
ALLMEP is seeking a Development & Communications Intern who is interested in development, digital communications, and Israeli/Palestinian peacebuilding. The duration of this role is four months (September 2021-December 2021). This position will be a key member of the U.S. team, and will be responsible for helping support the Development and Digital Communications managers meet ALLMEP’s fundraising and communications goals. This will be a part time (15-20 hours/week) paid position.
- Work closely with the Development Manager on implementing ALLMEP’s strategic development plan, including completing 1-3 grant proposals for prospective foundation supporters;
- Work closely with the Digital Communications Manager on creating materials and reports about ALLMEP programs and activities, including assisting with graphic design, website maintenance and social media messaging;
- Attending and monitoring relevant hearings and events related to ALLMEP’s work; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to commit between 15-20 hours per week
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively with team members
- Interest in the non-profit sector and Israeli/Palestinian peacebuilding
- Willingness to work in a fast paced environment
- Current undergraduate or graduate student
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with fundraising and digital communications work is a plus
HIGHLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of Israeli/Palestinian history, politics, and society, or experience working in the region; and/or
- Knowledge of Palestinian and Israeli philanthropic communities both in the region and internationally; and/or
- Arabic and/or Hebrew language skills.
There are no extraordinary physical requirements for the performance of the essential functions of this position. ALLMEP will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Washington, DC or remote
SALARY & HOURS
The fall intern will be expected to work between 15-20 hours per week from September 2021-December 2021. The stipend for this position will be $1,000-$1,250/month.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Fall internship. The position will remain open until filled, but applications will be reviewed as received.
All applicants must be able to provide documentation that they are legally eligible to work in the United States on a full time basis. No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.