ALLMEP is seeking a full-time Digital Communications Manager to plan and execute the organization’s communication strategy. The Digital Communications Manager will be responsible for strengthening the organization’s engagement with supporters and decision-makers through web, social media, and email marketing. Responsibilities include managing messaging platforms, leading graphic design and website maintenance (use of informational web pages, graphics, videos, and other organizational collateral), and social media strategy and management.
The Digital Communications Manager will report directly to the U.S. Director. This position will be stationed in the Washington, DC area.
- Develop an overall communication strategy in concert with the US Director, Executive Director, and development department, cultivating the organization’s stakeholders and digital communities;
- Manage all social media accounts, adapting to changing social media trends, best practices, and tools;
- Write, edit, and approve social media content, and assign digital content writing projects to ALLMEP staff;
- Manage ALLMEP’s email marketing system and calendar, coordinating with the regional and international team to establish benchmarks for each of our email lists;
- Track metrics and conduct regular after-action reviews of communication initiatives to measure and evaluate the marketing success (e.g. open and click through rates, A/B testing);
- Maintain a knowledge of emerging digital marketing trends and new technology and platforms that may be relevant to meet ALLMEP’s objectives and adopt to social media trends, best practices and tools;
- Craft newsletters, executive emails, and event announcements;
- Manage ALLMEP website and SEO and act as content manager for all pages;
- Liaise with outside website support vendors for upgrades, hosting, and registration issues;
- Work with Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, and InDesign, as well as other software to edit and/or create original ALLMEP branded social media graphics, videos, and other dynamic content;
Employ digital expertise and creativity in support of efforts of all other departments; and
- Administrative and other duties in support of ALLMEP as assigned by the U.S. Director and/or the Executive Director.
- Demonstrable experience in the principles of strategic planning, including audience and message segmentation, editorial and content planning, as well as robust measurement and analytical approaches to prove content effectiveness;
- Proven ability in developing digital strategies (paid and organic) that achieve campaign objectives or wider organizational goals;
- Exceptional written and verbal communications, including the ability to effectively communicate strategic recommendations and tell a good story that inspires people to action;
- Significant experience in basic HTML, WordPress and managing SEO; comfort with advanced HTML is a plus;
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Facebook and Twitter pixels, as well as social media management tools such as Hootsuite;
- Experience with email marketing services such as Constant Contact or MailChimp (CRM experience and other web languages are beneficial);
- Experience with Adobe Suite graphic design and content editing;
- The ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure, remain focused in a rapidly changing environment and be proactive, as well as responsive, to the needs of members of ALLMEP;
- Highly motivated, team player, with excellent organizational skills, and strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Demonstrated experience taking initiative to solve problems; and
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Qualifications Highly Valued:
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience and demonstrated interest in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and commitment to ALLMEP’s core values and mission;
- Digital/creative agency, non-profit, and/or public policy experience;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Box and Google Drive;
- Project management experience;
- Facilitation and coalition building experience; and
- Proficiency in Arabic, Hebrew, or French a plus.
There are no extraordinary physical requirements for the performance of the essential functions of this position. ALLMEP will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $55,000 – $65,000 and provides 100% employer-paid health care.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please email your resume, 3 writing sample (newsletters, web pages, social media, graphic design, etc.), and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line containing: Digital Communications Manager. Materials must address the requirements listed. The position will remain open until filled, but applications will be reviewed as received.
Due to the expected volume of applications, only finalists will be notified. All applicants must be able to provide documentation that they are legally eligible to work in the United States for an extended period of time. No phone calls please.