Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices in Europe, Israel and Palestine, the Alliance for Middle East Peace (ALLMEP) envisions a future in which Israelis and Palestinians have built the trust necessary to live together in peace, dignity, and security.
On the ground, our expert team works with our almost 120 member organizations, drawn from both the shared society and cross-border community, to make them more than the sum of their parts. We incentivize cooperation and partnership, providing shared services, such as our new Alumni Leadership Forum, which are predicated on such cooperation, and work with members to hone their theory of change so that our community operates with greater strategic impact.
Internationally, our teams in the United States and Europe work to amplify the visibility of members in the media and in the corridors of power, and to ensure that the field is adequately resourced so that it can reach its inherent potential. This is not merely an ambition. To date, our advocacy has helped to introduce more than $130 million in international governmental support into the field, including the creation of USAID’s Conflict Management and Mitigation Fund.
ALLMEP is seeking a full time Development Manager. The ideal candidate will be a self-starting, detail oriented, independent team member with 3-5 years of fundraising and database management experience, outstanding administrative, systems, planning, project and data management skills. While the US team is headquartered in the Washington, DC area, there is an option for remote work for this position.
This position will reside within ALLMEP’s International Team, made up of American and European staff members, reporting to the United States Director, while also collaborating closely with colleagues in the Middle East. This individual will drive ALLMEP’s fundraising activities, working closely with the Executive Director and US Director to create a strategic fundraising strategy, as well as create donor deliverables and manage development operations. Additionally, the candidate is expected to contribute to writing and editing materials for team publications, supporting ALLMEP activities as needed, as well as representing ALLMEP in various fora.
- Assist with the design of ALLMEP’s fundraising strategy over the course of the fiscal year, in consultation with the Executive Director and US Director, and coordinate all aspects of implementation, including fundraising tours within North America;
- Drive ALLMEP senior staff via mapping, segmenting and tracking donors at all levels of giving
- Lead grant-writer for the organization, preparing, submitting and managing grant proposals for government, foundation and corporate support, working with the Executive Team to develop strategies and approaches for each grant;
- Develop and maintain cultivation plans for current and future donors; schedule donor visits; respond to donor requests for information regarding proposals;
- Assist with revenue projections, tracking and reconciliation;
- Own and manage all data systems, grant files and donor records, ensuring that each record is up to date in Neon;
- Research new funding prospects, funding trends and other developments;
- Develop, in consultation with the Associate Director of Communications, new fundraising materials; and
- Administrative and other duties in support of ALLMEP as assigned by the U.S. Director and/or the Executive Director.
- 3-5 years of successful fundraising/development experience for a non-profit organization, university, association, or US federal agency;
- Strong writing and editing skills, including the ability to tell a good story that inspires people to action;
- Experience in using website and CRM software, social media platforms and social media management tools;
- The ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure, remain focused in a rapidly changing environment and be proactive, as well as responsive to the needs of members of ALLMEP, helping to provide fundraising advice and guidance.
- Highly motivated, team player, with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy;
- Demonstrated experience taking initiative to solve problems;
- Experience planning and executing logistics for internal and external meetings; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, Box, CRM software (Neon preferred)
Qualifications highly valued:
- Sound knowledge of the philanthropy sector, as it relates to Israel and Palestine;
- Knowledge of or experience working directly on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict;
- Project management experience;
- Facilitation and coalition building experience;
- Demonstrated experience producing research products and other written materials;
- Demonstrated commitment to ALLMEP’s core values and mission; and
- Proficiency in Arabic, Hebrew or French a plus.
There are no extraordinary physical requirements for the performance of the essential functions of this position. ALLMEP will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $55,000 – $65,000 and provides 100% employer-paid health care.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please email your resume, writing sample, references and cover letter to: email@example.com with subject line containing: Development Manager. Materials must address the requirements listed. The position will remain open until filled, but applications will be reviewed as received.
Due to the expected volume of applications, only finalists will be notified.
All applicants must be able to provide documentation that they are legally eligible to work in the United States for an extended period of time. No phone calls please.