WHO WE ARE
ALLMEP is a coalition of over 90 organizations – and tens of thousands of Israelis and Palestinians, Arabs and Jews – building people-to-people cooperation, coexistence, equality, shared society, mutual understanding, and peace among their communities in the Middle East. We add stability in difficult times of crisis, such as these, and build an environment for peace over the long term.
Together, through our network, we work to bring greater resources and attention to the entire community of peacebuilders. ALLMEP works internationally to educate key audiences, including opinion makers, elected representatives, government officials, American and international funders, and the international community about the critical opportunities and needs of people-to-people efforts. In the region, build a community among our members, enhance better communication and coordination in the field, build their organizations’ capacities, develop best practices and serve as a platform for partnership and cooperation.
- Peace in the Middle East is not possible without the collective support from people in the region working towards a just peace agreement.
- People-to-people encounters are an effective and necessary strategy to create sustainable and collective public support for peaceful mutual coexistence on equal grounds and reconciliation.
- Support for civil society programs in the Middle East is one crucial way that the international community, U.S. Government, and private philanthropists alike can positively move the people of the Middle East towards peace.
- Cooperation between civil society organizations themselves builds the impact of their work on the ground to become a stronger movement for change.
- Our members subscribe to the values of peace, coexistence security, freedom, rights and justice. They commit to the principles of changing the status quo and to non- violence.
- ALLMEP has secured more than $90 million in U.S. funding for people-to-people peacebuilding efforts in Israel/Palestine. Despite large cuts to foreign aid, our efforts have contributed to over $230 million in federal grants to people-to-people efforts worldwide.
- ALLMEP is building an International Fund for Israeli-Palestinian Peace, poised to pour at least $200 million annually into the region. This will leverage international, public, and private support so as to dramatically scale up grassroots peacebuilding efforts.
- ALLMEP connects NGOs to decision makers. Since its inception, it has coordinated more than 600 meetings with Congress, the White House, Israeli and Palestinian leaders, prime ministers, foreign ministers, the State Department, USAID, European and Arab governments, and the media framing the work of our community not as ‘nice’ but as necessary.
- ALLMEP has earned the support of over 112 United States senators and members of Congress, who have signed letters urging passage of its annual appropriations requests.
- Since 2004, ALLMEP has grown from 12 to over 90 member organizations, which help support the organization through annual dues. Each year, Alliance members engage and assist hundreds of thousands of Israelis and Palestinians.
- ALLMEP launched its regional office in 2014 as a response to the growing need for the development of ways to elevate the impact of the members’ work on the ground. The regional office also works to build a sense of people-to-people community and to create a community dynamic enough to bring sustainable change to the region. The Alliance has dedicated staff on the ground focused on providing training, support, and member services to the growing membership. Our regional conferences bring over fifty NGO’s together and form the building blocks of a true community of action.
- ALLMEP has created dozens of partnerships between its members and served as a hub of best practice and strategic thinking for its membership. With conferences, trainings and capacity building activities, our members increasingly see ALLMEP as a key part of their success.
Share this page
- Women Wage Peace march draws 30,000 Israelis and Palestinians to Jerusalem
- Israeli, Palestinian environmentalists aren’t waiting for a peace plan
- For second year, Israeli and Palestinian women rally around hope
- Squashbond’s summer games bridge cultural barriers
- Peace NGOs and think tanks create partnerships in support of peace
- Sikkuy increases public transport for Arab communities in Israel
- In grief, mothers unite and embark on a quest for peace
- Jewish and Arab students come together at Hand in Hand schools