ALLMEP member Sikkuy received the New Israel Fund UK’s (NIF UK) prestigious Human Rights Award for the organization’s contribution in promoting equality and a shared society for Arabs and Jews in Israel. The organization was recognized for their commitment to a future of mutual respect and partnership in the region, as well as their work to narrow the gap between Jewish and Arab communities in infrastructure, education, and employment. The award was accepted by Sikkuy Co-General Directors Rawnak Natour and Ron Gerlitz at NIF UK’s Human Rights Award Dinner, which was attended by 540 people.
In accepting the award, Natour stated:
On July 19th, the Israeli Parliament passed a law that was a slap to the face for people like me: Palestinian citizens in the State of Israel, and citizens devoted to equality and shared society… Nevertheless, this slap has failed to stop up from rising each morning and leading the struggle, or to bring down our partnership. Thank you New Israel Fund for this evaluation of Sikkuy’s staff and achievement, and for this impressive ceremony.
Read more here: New Israel Fund attracts record support for London awards night
Photo credit: New Israel Fund
Share this page
- 6,000 Israeli youth march in protest of Gaza border tensions
- Budo for Peace recognized at 2018 Peace and Sport Awards
- Sikkuy receives NIF UK Human Rights Award
- Finally learning from Oslo and Rabin
- Press Release: Congress introduces bipartisan Palestinian Partnership Fund Act
- EcoPeace co-founders receive Stanford Award for global sustainability
- UK Labour MPs condemn US funding cuts to Palestinians, urge support for International Fund
- U.S. Administration ends CMM funding for cross-border programs