ALLMEP member Sikkuy was awarded the New Israel Fund UK’s prestigious Human Rights Award for the organization’s contribution in promoting equality and a shared society for Arabs and Jews in Israel. The organization was recognized for their commitment to a future of mutual respect and partnership in the region, as well as their work to narrow the gap between Jewish and Arab communities in infrastructure, education, and employment. The award was accepted by Sikkuy Co-General Directors Rawnak Natour and Ron Gerlitz at NIF UK’s Human Rights Award Dinner, which was attended by 540 people.
In accepting the award, Natour stated:
On July 19th, the Israeli Parliament passed a law that was a slap to the face for people like me: Palestinian citizens in the State of Israel, and citizens devoted to equality and shared society… Nevertheless, this slap has failed to stop up from rising each morning and leading the struggle, or to bring down our partnership. Thank you New Israel Fund for this evaluation of Sikkuy’s staff and achievement, and for this impressive ceremony.
Read more here: New Israel Fund attracts record support for London awards night
Photo credit: New Israel Fund
Share this page
- Congress introduces bipartisan Partnership Fund for Peace Act
- ALLMEP member Road to Recovery creates “a mini peace in an hour”
- 9,000 gather for a powerful 2019 Israeli-Palestinian Memorial Day
- ALLMEP members, diplomatic community gather for 2019 Regional Conference
- Through education, ALLMEP members pave the way to shared society in Israel
- Mladenov: ending of U.S. assistance to Palestinians could have disastrous impact
- Understanding the impact of the Anti-Terrorism Clarification Act
- ALLMEP seeks Regional Alumni Network Coordinator