Israeli Robi Damelin and Palestinian Bushra Awad are joined together by past tragedy: they both lost a child as a result of the conflict.
The two mothers are now using their grief to build a bridge between Israelis and Palestinians as they embark on a quest for peace. Awad, a participant in ALLMEP member The Parents Circle-Families Forum (PCFF) and Damelin, a spokesperson for the PCFF, share their stories in a must-see interview with Anna Maria Tremonti, host of CBC Radio’s The Current at the Women in the World Canada Summit.
Photo and Video Credit: The New York Times
Share this page
- Northern Ireland as a model for shared society in Israel
- ALLMEP Seeks European Director to Head ALLMEP Europe
- Taglit-Birthright ends encounters with Israeli Arab citizens
- Sikkuy’s latest achievements and upcoming US speaking tour
- Arava Institute alums lead Israel-Palestine talk at Michigan State University
- Women Wage Peace march draws 30,000 Israelis and Palestinians to Jerusalem
- Israeli, Palestinian environmentalists aren’t waiting for a peace plan
- For second year, Israeli and Palestinian women rally around hope