Israeli Robi Damelin and Palestinian Bushra Awad are joined together by past tragedy: they both lost a child as a result of the conflict.
The two mothers are now using their grief to build a bridge between Israelis and Palestinians as they embark on a quest for peace. Awad, a participant in ALLMEP member The Parents Circle-Families Forum (PCFF) and Damelin, a spokesperson for the PCFF, share their stories in a must-see interview with Anna Maria Tremonti, host of CBC Radio’s The Current at the Women in the World Canada Summit.
Photo and Video Credit: The New York Times
Share this page
- Sikkuy report highlights importance of Arabic language in Israeli schools
- U.S. review on Palestinian aid threatens coexistence groups
- House Dems demand transparency on review of frozen Palestinian aid funds
- Peres Center brings peacebuilding to World Cup
- Arabic language initiative launches on Jerusalem Light Rail
- Prince William’s historic visit puts focus on citizens over politics
- In bipartisan move, US Senate earmarks funds for the International Fund for Israeli-Palestinian Peace
- Partnering with ALLMEP member, Israeli music project brings interfaith harmony to Tower of David