The Alliance for Middle East Peace seeks a dynamic and task-oriented Development & Operations Associate to support its growing donor stewardship and operations tasks. The Development & Operations Associate will directly support a global team with donor management and operational tasks by driving the relationship management process within the organization’s constituent relationship database, NeonCRM.
The mission of the Alliance for Middle East Peace is to secure and scale funding to expand trust-building interactions between Palestinians and Israelis. We provide capacity-building support and visibility to amplify the voices and impact of our 100+ member organizations operating in the region. ALLMEP connects individuals and groups to create a critical mass that live and act in support of peace. ALLMEP envisions a Middle East in which Israelis and Palestinians have built the trust necessary to live in peace and security, prospering in societies that protect their human and civil rights.
The Alliance for Middle East Peace operates in a virtually distributed team. The position reports to the Executive Director of ALLMEP, and will be based in Washington, D.C. This is primarily a technical support and administrative position that is focused on institutionalizing systems that will advance ALLMEP’s global fundraising, membership, and visibility goals. This is a full time, exempt position requiring evening and weekend availability during peak periods, and periodic travel to attend events and staff other regional meetings.
Donor Management & Database Administration
- Serves as the organization’s database administrator, with respect to overseeing and performing comprehensive data entry for donations, members, policymakers, and other organizational contacts.
- Oversees regular fundraising and membership reporting, and reports on fundraising metrics. Reconciling monthly giving report with financial reports to ensure gift accuracy.
- Manages the database maintenance schedule, global updates, and coordinates list exports to MailChimp on a regular basis.
- Builds and trouble shoots any online forms hosted by NeonCRM for donation processing, membership dues payments, and event management
- Manages and coordinates the membership renewal program and dues collection process in NeonCRM.
- Performs all gift recognition tasks, including receipting, thank you letters, and campaign segmentation.
Annual Fund Management & Major Gifts Support
- In coordination with the Associate Director of Communications, designs and implements MailChimp and Facebook campaign for annual fundraising targets.
- In coordination with the Executive Director and Associate Director of Communications, develops a customized donor stewardship program, including select director briefings, first to know newsletters, interest-specific updates, events, and gift recognition.
- Manage major gift solicitors’ prospect lists, ensures regular list cleaning, and drive the moves management process. Coordinates monthly list review as needed.
- Supports the writing and editing of major gifts proposals
- Researches prospects and donors in the iWave wealth rating system, and prepares briefings for solicitors and board members.
- Coordinates and supports major gift trip schedules in terms of identifying donors and prospects, scheduling meetings as needed, documenting pledges and solicitations, and managing follow up from events and parlor meetings.
- Coordinate and schedule team conference calls, board meetings, prepare minutes, and document follow up tasks.
- Support other team members and the board with respect to Zoom conferencing needs.
- Maintain electronic filing system on Box and Google Drive.
- Support general administrative requests as needed.
- Commitment to the vision and values of the organization
- 2-4 years nonprofit/NGO work experience, preferably in development operations and executive support
- High-level proficiency with cloud-based CRMs, NeonCRM preferred
- A systems thinker, who is able to champion change processes with patience and fortitude
- Creative problem-solver with a do-what-it-takes attitude
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Experience in managing complex projects and urgent matters in a virtual team
- Experience in implementing and managing donor outreach plans
- Knowledge of Israel/Palestine and/or academic background public policy, peacebuilding, or Middle East politics a plus
Candidates should submit cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Development & Operations Associate