ALLMEP is looking to hire its first Regional Alumni Coordinator to start March 1st, 2019. This position requires a highly motivated, entrepreneurial candidate with a proven track record of managing a complex project with varied stakeholders.
ALLMEP is a coalition of over 100 organizations – and tens of thousands of Israelis and Palestinians, Arabs and Jews – building people-to-people cooperation, coexistence, equality, shared society, mutual understanding, and peace among their communities in the Middle East. ALLMEP is now embarking on a new phase of strategic organizational development related to youth programming and activism in Israel and Palestine by building an alumni network across different organizations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build a leadership position on the issue of alumni engagement, developing the tools, reputational weight and sectoral authority and expertise necessary for both ALLMEP and the Alumni Coordinator to be seen as sectoral leaders.
- Create and lead, in cooperation with the Gandyr foundation, an Alumni Coordinators’ Forum, composed of professional staff in variety of organizations who are focused on the issue of alumni engagement.
- Work with ALLMEP members to help them audit and professionalize their alumni engagement activities, surveying the needs and opinions of alumni, and partnering with members to incorporate this data into programming.
- Work with both alumni and senior staff among ALLMEP members to develop responsive trainings, seminars and activities for the broader alumni community that strengthen their participation and activism.
- Work with existing Alumni of the programs, signposting them to opportunities and provide content for their continued development using ALLMEP’s international reach.
- Map alumni-orientated opportunities that exist in the field and beyond, and work to produce a varied but cohesive menu of activities and engagements that can engage alumni from different backgrounds and at different points in their lives and careers.
- Where ALLMEP members do not have an effective alumni strategy or a designated alumni-focused staff member, provide a coordinating and consulting role, ensuring best practices are shared widely and implemented.
- Develop a gradual and inclusive strategy and models that can allow alumni of both shared society and cross-border programs to share resources and actively partner with one another.
- Frequent travel across Israel/Palestine, as well occasional travel overseas.
Required Qualifications and Capacities:
- Acceptance of ALLMEP’s core values and purpose.
- Leadership, interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Ability to work both as a team member and manage independent projects.
- Proactive, energetic and results oriented person.
- Significant experience in—and comprehensive knowledge of— the peacebuilding/shared society community
- General understanding of regional politics, Israeli and Palestinian societies and the on-going conflict, as well as the associated societal needs and challenges.
- Skills and experience in cooperation and capacity building as tools of conflict resolution.
- Appropriate university degree
- Data collection, report writing, and documentation skills and experience.
- Language skills: fluency in Arabic and English are essential, with proficiency in Hebrew a plus.
This is a full time position; monthly salary will be 10,000 NIS with opportunity for increase with experience in the position.
The work requires regional travel, mobility and flexibility.
The coordinator will report to ALLMEP’s regional staff and to the joint ALLMEP-Gandyr steering committee.
Candidates should submit cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title Regional Alumni Coordinator by February 8th, 2019.