ALLMEP is a coalition of over 100 organizations – and tens of thousands of Israelis and Palestinians, Arabs and Jews – building people-to-people cooperation, coexistence, equality, shared society, mutual understanding, and peace among their communities in the Middle East. We add stability in difficult times of crisis and build an environment for peace over the long term.
Together, through our network, we work to bring greater resources and attention to the entire community of peace-builders. ALLMEP works internationally to educate key audiences, including opinion makers, elected representatives, government officials, American and international funders, and the international community about the critical opportunities and needs of people-to-people efforts. In the region, we work to build a community among our members, create better communication and coordination in the field, build their organizations’ capacities, develop best practices, and serve as a platform for partnership and cooperation.
ALLMEP is looking to hire its first European Director to head its new office, ALLMEP Europe, a French registered general association. This position requires a highly motivated, entrepreneurial manager with a clear track record.
The specific tasks of the European Director would include:
- Supporting programmatic grants going to people-to-people work from the European Union and its member states.
- Developing programming within France and the EU, helping to deal with the tensions that are created by the ongoing Middle East conflict, utilizing our diverse membership.
- Building support for the International Fund within the European Union and member states. The American legislative process must be matched by European contributions.
- Liaising with the EU and member state desk officers about the work of the network and ensuring that our members are on their planning agenda when it comes to policy and budgets for the region.
- Training and assisting our members in accessing funds and building support for the work our members do.
- Working with private business and philanthropy to increase the collective pool of resources available to peace and reconciliation work in shared society (within Israel) and cross-border activities (between Israel and communities in the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem).
- Ensuring the Alliance for Middle East Peace is a visible, reputable and recognized international coordinating entity in the Middle East peace process conversation.
- Managing the general association and securing support for it.
In addition to the European-specific tasks of the director they would also be expected to:
- Be an active team player in the global organization.
- Work with the Board of Directors of ALLMEP, with a particular focus on the European based board.
- Help with global and regional strategy.
- Help identify and secure funding for the regional operations of ALLMEP.
A potential candidate would:
- Be legally allowed to work within the EU.
- Have at least 5 years work experience at a managerial level.
- Have expert knowledge of the Israeli Palestinian Conflict.
- Have experience working with donors and policy makers.
- Be fluent in English.
Ideally, the candidate would:
- Be able to work in French.
- Have direct experience working with civil society in Israel and Palestine.
- Have worked in a global organizational environment.
Candidates should submit cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title EUROPEAN DIRECTOR by November 26th, 2017. Interviews will take place in December, with a start date within the first quarter of 2018.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Share this page
- ALLMEP is hiring an Administrative and Communications Associate
- Save the Date: ALLMEP’s 2020 Regional Conference is on April 2
- Congress restores funding for Palestinian and cross-border organizations
- Congressional leaders urge Administration to resume funding for P2P, development programs
- From Northern Ireland, lessons on disrupting the polarization of Israeli and Palestinian youth
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg donates prize money to Hand in Hand
- After cutting peacebuilding programs, US Administration uses them promote its peace plan
- ALLMEP launches Alumni Leadership Forum