ALLMEP is hiring a Regional Program Officer to start in June 2017.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to Eldad Levy by April 15th at firstname.lastname@example.org. First round interviews will held in the last week of April and finalists will be invited to interview in the first two weeks of May.
Title: Regional Program
Reports to: Executive and Regional Directors
Summary of Position:
The Regional Program Officer is the representative of the Alliance for Middle East Peace in Israel and acts as the cardinal contact person between the members of the Alliance, the diplomatic community in Israel and Palestine, and the social, political and financial stakeholders of the peacebuilding community. Its role varies between facilitation, consultation and diplomatic advocacy in order to increase the resources of the Alliance’s members and to assist them in establishing or pursuing their strategic goals.
- University degree.
- Language skills: proficiency in Hebrew and English. Advantage to Arabic speakers.
- Significant experience in the peacebuilding community/Israeli civil society.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both as a team member and manage independent projects.
- General understanding of regional politics, Israeli and Palestinian societies and the Arab-Israeli conflict.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fostering collaboration and partnerships among the members of the Alliance, thus enabling the maximization of resources and the ability to reach shared interests.
- Providing consulting services to the request of the members in matters of strategy, organizational structure, political environment and resource development. Engaging in the recruit of potential members to the Alliance.
- Introducing and representing the Alliance and its communal interest to the diplomatic, political and philanthropic stakeholders of the peacebuilding community.
- Coordinating meetings between the members of the Alliance with local or foreign state and diplomatic officials.
- Arranging trainings and workshops to the benefit of the members on topics determined as relevant by the board of directors.
- Fostering relationships with media for the benefit of the Alliance and its members.
- Representing the Alliance in events and conferences.
- Attending staff and board meetings and reporting regularly.
Share this page
- Women Wage Peace march draws 30,000 Israelis and Palestinians to Jerusalem
- Israeli, Palestinian environmentalists aren’t waiting for a peace plan
- For second year, Israeli and Palestinian women rally around hope
- Squashbond’s summer games bridge cultural barriers
- Peace NGOs and think tanks create partnerships in support of peace
- Sikkuy increases public transport for Arab communities in Israel
- In grief, mothers unite and embark on a quest for peace
- Jewish and Arab students come together at Hand in Hand schools