On April 11, dozens of ALLMEP member organizations gathered for the 2019 ALLMEP Regional Conference in Jerusalem, themed “Action, not Reaction.” Bringing together ALLMEP’s diverse membership and the diplomatic community, the conference focused on an alternate vision of the future for the region built on mutual respect, equality, and peace.
To understand how such a vision of the future could be scaled to transform the conflict, ALLMEP was thrilled to welcome keynote speaker H.E.Deborah A. Lyons, Canadian Ambassador to Israel, who urged the peacebuilding community not to rely on old strategies, but to be proactive and amplify the collective interests of the region.
Along with Ambassador Lyons, the conference included a plenary session on ALLMEP’s advocacy and the organization’s evolving strategies in a shifting political climate, a breakout session on building movements and internal affinity groups, and a session on the future of ALLMEP’s regional work in the creation of an alumni program.
View photos from the event here.
Share this page
- Road to Recovery creates a “mini peace in an hour”
- 9,000 gather for a powerful 2019 Israeli-Palestinian Memorial Day
- ALLMEP members, diplomatic community gather for 2019 Regional Conference
- Alliance for Middle East Peace seeks US Director
- Through education, ALLMEP members pave the way to shared society in Israel
- Mladenov: ending of U.S. assistance to Palestinians could have disastrous impact
- Understanding the impact of the Anti-Terrorism Clarification Act
- ALLMEP seeks Regional Alumni Network Coordinator