On April 11, dozens of ALLMEP member organizations gathered for the 2019 ALLMEP Regional Conference in Jerusalem, themed “Action, not Reaction.” Bringing together ALLMEP’s diverse membership and the diplomatic community, the conference focused on an alternate vision of the future for the region built on mutual respect, equality, and peace.
To understand how such a vision of the future could be scaled to transform the conflict, ALLMEP was thrilled to welcome keynote speaker H.E.Deborah A. Lyons, Canadian Ambassador to Israel, who urged the peacebuilding community not to rely on old strategies, but to be proactive and amplify the collective interests of the region.
Along with Ambassador Lyons, the conference included a plenary session on ALLMEP’s advocacy and the organization’s evolving strategies in a shifting political climate, a breakout session on building movements and internal affinity groups, and a session on the future of ALLMEP’s regional work in the creation of an alumni program.
View photos from the event here.
Share this page
- Congressional leaders urge Administration to resume funding for P2P, development programs
- From Northern Ireland, lessons on disrupting the polarization of Israeli and Palestinian youth
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg donates prize money to Hand in Hand
- After cutting peacebuilding programs, US Administration uses them promote its peace plan
- ALLMEP launches Alumni Leadership Forum
- Congress introduces bipartisan Partnership Fund for Peace Act
- Transitioning our Leadership: Bidding Farewell to ALLMEP Executive Director Joel Braunold
- ALLMEP member Road to Recovery creates “a mini peace in an hour”