In her closing report to the United Nations (UN) Security Council, Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Rosemary DiCarlo, acknowledged the importance of the work of the ALLMEP community.
DiCarlo touched on the peacebuilding efforts of Palestinians and Israelis alike who work tirelessly to promote tolerance and who continue to have hope for a shared future.
From youth leaders engaging in peacebuilding, to scientists working across borders to solve environmental issues, to Israeli and Palestinian women promoting the involvement of women in politics, DiCarlo recognized the entire ALLMEP community and called for UN member states to continue to support these efforts.
I would like to close by highlighting the efforts of ordinary women and men, Israeli and Palestinian, who overcome cynicism and despair by taking tangible steps to promote tolerance and forge a shared future.
They include volunteers who drive Palestinian patients to medical appointments in Israel; youth leaders finding creative ways to build a shared future amongst Jerusalem’s communities; scientists working together to solve regional environmental challenges; and Palestinian and Israeli women mobilizing constituencies for peace and promoting the participation of women in the political process, in line with Security Council Resolution 1325. As outlined in the 2016 Quartet Report, such initiatives provide a crucial foundation for broader peace efforts. I invite Member States to continue generously supporting them.
Watch the full statement here: Under-Secretary-General’s Speech
Share this page
- Congress introduces bipartisan Partnership Fund for Peace Act
- ALLMEP member Road to Recovery creates “a mini peace in an hour”
- 9,000 gather for a powerful 2019 Israeli-Palestinian Memorial Day
- ALLMEP members, diplomatic community gather for 2019 Regional Conference
- Through education, ALLMEP members pave the way to shared society in Israel
- Mladenov: ending of U.S. assistance to Palestinians could have disastrous impact
- Understanding the impact of the Anti-Terrorism Clarification Act
- ALLMEP seeks Regional Alumni Network Coordinator