The Alliance for Middle East Peace is seeking an Administrative and Communications Associate based in Washington, DC
About the Alliance for Middle East Peace
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Washington, DC, with offices in Europe, Israel, and Palestine, the Alliance for Middle East Peace (ALLMEP) envisions a future in which Israelis and Palestinians have built the trust necessary to live together in peace, dignity, and security.
On the ground, our expert team works with our almost 120 member organizations, drawn from both the shared society and cross-border community, to make them more than the sum of their parts. We incentivize cooperation and partnership, providing shared services, such as our new Alumni Leadership Forum, which are predicated on such cooperation, and work with members to hone their theory of change so that our community operates with greater strategic impact.
Internationally, our teams in the United States and Europe work to amplify the visibility of members in the media and in the corridors of power, and to ensure that the field is adequately resourced so that it can reach its inherent potential. This is not merely an ambition. To date, our advocacy has helped to introduce more than $130 million in international governmental support into the field, including the creation of USAID’s Conflict Management and Mitigation Fund.
ALLMEP is seeking a full time Administrative and Communications Associate. The ideal candidate will be a self-starting, detail oriented, independent team member with outstanding administrative, systems, planning, project, and data management skills. This position will be located in the Washington, DC area and is funded through 2022, with potential for renewal.
The successful candidate will report to the United States Director and collaborate with the U.S. staff, as well as with the teams in the Middle East and Europe. This individual will provide support to ALLMEP’s general operations, managing several back-end systems and helping to streamline processes, and will collaborate closely with ALLMEP’s Associate Director of Communications. Additionally, the candidate is expected to contribute to writing and editing materials for team publications, supporting ALLMEP activities as needed, as well as representing ALLMEP in various fora.
- Assist with ongoing financial, administrative and human resource tasks, such as financial reporting, travel planning and expense management, board management, staff on-boarding, and tech and systems training and support;
- Lead operational cooperation between ALLMEP’s three offices;
- Make recommendations for improvements for organizational policies and procedures;
- Manage organization-wide systems including but not limited to, Box, Google Drive, Mailchimp, reimbursements, etc;
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks, including bill paying, mailing checks, invoicing, running financial reports, assisting with annual audit, etc;
- Work closely with ALLMEP Associate Director of Communications to execute communications plans and policies, including social media, email marketing, and editorial calendar;
- Maintain ALLMEP’s online media platforms and ensure that information is posted regularly;
- Maintain ALLMEP’s MailChimp contact lists, including cleaning and segmentation;
- Assist in developing guidelines to support and empower staff and partners in their communications work;
- Administrative and other duties in support of ALLMEP as assigned by the U.S. Director and/or the Executive Director.
- Communications and/or administrative work experience for a non-profit organization, association, or US federal agency;
- Strong writing and editing skills, including the ability to tell a good story that inspires people to action;
- Experience in using website and CRM software, social media platforms, and social media management tools;
- The ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure, remain focused in a rapidly changing environment, and be proactive, as well as responsive to the needs of members of ALLMEP;
- Highly motivated team player, with excellent organizational skills, and strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Demonstrated experience taking initiative to solve problems;
- Experience planning and executing logistics for internal and external meetings;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- A degree in communications, human resources, international affairs/relations, public policy, economics or a related field;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Drive;
- Demonstrated commitment to ALLMEP’s core values and mission.
Qualifications highly valued:
- Knowledge of or experience working directly on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict;
- Interest or experience working in nonprofit management;
- Project management experience;
- Facilitation and coalition building experience;
- Communications experience;
- Demonstrated experience producing research products and other written materials; and
- Proficiency in Arabic, Hebrew or French a plus.
There are no extraordinary physical requirements for the performance of the essential functions of this position. ALLMEP will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $35,000 – $45,000 and provides 100% employer-paid health care.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please email your resume, writing sample, and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line containing: Administrative and Communications Associate. Materials must address the requirements listed. The position will remain open until filled, but applications will be reviewed as received.
Due to the expected volume of applications, only finalists will be notified.
All applicants must be able to provide documentation that they are legally eligible to work in the United States for an extended period of time. No phone calls please.