The Alliance for Middle East Peace (ALLMEP) seeks a bold, dynamic, creative, and thoughtful leader to guide its US operations and initiatives in their next stage of growth. The US Director will be ALLMEP’s leading voice, senior advocate, and chief strategist in the United States, managing complex relationships with Washington policymakers, high-value donors, foreign diplomats, community organizations, and the media.
ALLMEP is the coalition of over 100 non-governmental organizations that promote people-to-people cooperation, coexistence, and reconciliation between tens of thousands of Israelis and Palestinians, Arabs and Jews in the Middle East. ALLMEP builds the foundation for long-term peace, security, and stability by raising awareness and increasing resources for these critical cooperative efforts while also creating more collaboration and coordination among member projects.
This position provides a rare opportunity to contribute to Israeli and Palestinian peace and security by building a strong network of supporters in the United States, the possibility to be the voice and advocate for Israelis and Palestinians, Arabs and Jews who are building cooperation and a foundation for lasting peace, and to build bridges between those regional peacebuilders and the many Americans of all backgrounds who care deeply about peace in the region.
As a core member of the global executive team, the US Director will work closely with the Executive Director and the regional team in implementing ALLMEP’s worldwide initiatives, especially the establishment of a multi-Million dollar International Fund for Israeli-Palestinian Peace. The director must skillfully manage a broad coalition of allies, leverage relationships, and constantly adapt complex strategies to navigate a fast-changing policy and political environment. We are looking for a candidate who is able to think strategically and manage effectively, so that each of these priorities and stakeholders can simultaneously flourish.
To help ALLMEP grow into its next stage, the US Director will:
- Lead and organize outreach and advocacy to Congress, Executive Branch, foreign diplomats, and community organizations.
- Raise fundsfor organizational growth, including bydeveloping a robust individual donor base working with some of the most prominent philanthropists in the US and abroad, developing creative fundraising campaigns, recruiting new Board members, and attracting new foundation donors.
- Amplify and direct public awareness and media outreach campaigns to promote ALLMEP’s and our members’ work through traditional and new media, social networking, email, and an expanded and updated website.
- Develop, plan, and execute public and private advocacy days, conferences, meetings, and events.
- Be an articulate spokesperson for Middle East citizen diplomacyto ALLMEP’s target audiences – policymakers and diplomats, media, private funders, and religious communities.
- Oversee and manage the organization’s US finances and legal obligations.
- Recruit and manage US staff, board members and volunteers.
- Partner and collaborate with ALLMEP’s regional director in other programs and activities.
- Travel domestically on a regular basis and to the region periodically.
- Bachelor degree; higher degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 5+ years experience in successful advocacy and fundraising.
- Deep understanding of Israeli-Palestinian history and issues.
- Experience with advocacy before Congress and the Executive Branch.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- A magnetic personality with natural network-building instincts, strong interpersonal and consensus-building skills, and ability to manage diverse views.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse, worldwide team in-person and remotely.
- Willingness to work remotely.
- Proficient and independent computer and technology user.
- Passion for Middle East peace and the transformative power of citizen diplomacy.
- Hebrew and/or Arabic language skills.
- Event planning experience.
- Public relations experience.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Healthcare and Dental provided.
To Apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and appropriate writing sample by April 24, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is based in the United States in a location readily accessible to Washington, D.C.; relocation support is not available.
The Alliance for Middle East Peace provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Share this page
- Alliance for Middle East Peace seeks US Director
- Through education, ALLMEP members pave the way to shared society in Israel
- Mladenov: ending of U.S. assistance to Palestinians could have disastrous impact
- Understanding the impact of the Anti-Terrorism Clarification Act
- ALLMEP seeks Regional Alumni Network Coordinator
- John Lyndon in Fathom Journal: Re-learning how real change happens in Israel and Palestine
- EcoPeace and ALLMEP members lead the charge in environmental peacebuilding
- ALLMEP welcomes four new member organizations to its network